Ways to Repair Fire Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and walls can be damaged by soot. A fire can have devastating and lasting effects both to your house and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are here to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Repair Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.