Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the species of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your residence. It’s only as the mold is growing in your house that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way for treatment and carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your property on top of major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it resides in, meaning that the longer it goes untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with making your residence free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous surfaces such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in cold weather, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.