Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your home. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that grows in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be virtually impossible for you to stop mold encountering your property. It’s only when there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the species of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can develop the best way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home along with major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, this means that the longer it goes untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the types of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that can produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given residence, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in making your home safe and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp areas such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is the least common household mold. It requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and moves quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.